Resident of Almonte for 20 years
On Mississippi Mills Council for past 8 years
On Pakenham Council from 1979 to 1984
Presently the chair of Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
Accomplishments on Council
- Voted four times against the sale of Maynard Park.
- Spearheaded successful project to save the Education Building at Almonte Fairgrounds. Now the building is stabilized.
- Led the move to eliminate unreasonable restrictions on sale of lots in the Industrial Park. Now the Industrial Park lots are almost completely sold.
- Worked with Council to establish plan and budget for replacement of eight bridges with staff bringing in completion of bridges to date on budget and on time.
Proposals for Future
- To regain trust of public and create transparency by establishing a system of open committee meetings with public participation for all major decisions.
- To ensure careful planning of the Mill Street infrastructure renewal.
- To review safety and effectiveness of existing bike lane policies.
- To work closely with the County and the public regarding rules and enforcement of the rules on the Trail through Almonte.
- To make a motion to Council to rezone Maynard Park as parkland.